Welcome to the home page for Project Administration at Eastern Kentucky University. Project Administration reports to the Vice President of Administration.
Project Administration’s primary responsibility is to represent the University in all projects related to construction, renovation and some acute maintenance. This Department works with the State Division of Engineering, Facilities Services, architects, engineers and contractors to facilitate the planning, bidding and completion of projects performed by outsourced contractors.
Many services are provided within Project Administration that enhance these responsibilities and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and provide onsite observations of various new construction, renovations and some acute maintenance projects. This includes the development of cost estimates and contractual arrangements that are coordinated within Project Administration and not outsourced to other design professionals.
- Manage and organize the Request for Change to Facilities (RCF) system which incorporates all requests related to physical changes to interior and exterior building structures. This management tool is administered through the Footprints Work Order and Request for Change to Facilities (RCF) systems and ensures that the request and potential costs are available to all persons with interest and responsibility.
- Manage and organize the University’s archives for all university facilities construction, renovation and acute maintenance projects completed throughout the University’s history. The Department also assists other units in gaining access to new and historical building drawings and operation manuals as needed.
- Manage and organize for dispersal and/or review, electronic building drawing's for all University buildings and properties. This information is obtained through the many electronic means that are available today. This electronic information allows for speedy sharing of building drawings and campus facilities information to other university departments and design professionals that are necessary to facilitate and enhance projects under review or in progress.
- Manage and provide budgetary and administrative support for Project Administration and VP of Administration. This includes ensuring expenses incurred are charged appropriately, preparing status reports for internal departments and external agencies, assisting with the formulation and distribution of the annual campus Facility Master Plan Update and Six Year Capital Construction plans.
All of this is done with the desire to provide professional project management and archive services as it relates to all EKU facilities and properties.
Please see our Department Directory for staff team members. They may be contacted any time for further information.